TimesofIndia: BHOPAL: What is common
in Disaster Management, Temple, Indian Tadka and Cartoon Rhymes ? They all
are apps developed by an engineering student from Burhanpur, a dusty town from
western Madhya Pradesh .
Kushal Bhatia fetched the first prize in the WOWZAPP-2012, a worldwide Hackathon for Windows organised at a private engineering college of Bhopal on Friday.
Microsoft organised the event across the world in 50 countries including 14 venues in India where 16,500 students sat together and developed apps. Bhopal was the only venue in Madhya Pradesh where the event took place at IES engineering college.
"I have a deep interest in different kind of apps. I did not know that my interest in apps would make me the winner of this event," second year Computer Science student Kushal told TOI. His apps will be published on the Windows store.
Talking about his apps,
Kushal said, "In Indian Tadka, I have made it easy for the user to learn
various Indian recipes. They would require only downloading my apps to prepare
mouthwatering recipes," 20-year-old, Kushal said.
In his temple apps, Kushal has provided several invocation songs. "I have provided access to several famous temples of the country with their aarti. Devotees can virtually visit the temple," Kushal claimed.
His Cartoon Rhyme is an entertainment based apps where he has created several known TV cartoon characters like Moghli among others. "I have given different voices and funny clippings in the apps," Kushal explained. He received Rs 5000 prize from Microsoft and Rs 2000 cash prize from IES College.
Second prize went to Ravi Kumar while Atishay Jain and Tarun Mahajan jointly won the third place.
Hailing the quality of engineering students in Madhya Pradesh, Microsoft's director, Meenu Handa said, "After interacting with students, I can say Madhya Pradesh has a huge pool of talent. They need to be given the right opportunity."
Microsoft provided students at each hackathon location with free software to create apps, such as Visual Studio Express for Windows 8, and with free Windows Store registration codes through Microsoft DreamSpark.
Students can also earn on the
basis of the apps developed by them if they qualify the quality process of
Microsoft.
Reference:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/Bhopal-student-wins-Wowzapp-apps-competition/articleshow/17163842.cms
No comments:
Post a Comment